Saturday, 13 October 2012

Colour Scheme

I want this army to be different. The models help but a big part of this project is going to be the colour scheme.

The Horus heresy was a dark time and the images and artwork from Forge World and this month's White Dwarf (October '12) are filled with mood lighting, dust, dirt and grime. As a result I want my Ultramarines to feel like they're part of these dark times.


I've gone for a darker shade of blue trimmed with a light gold. Everything is based on the GW Ultramarines scheme but I've dropped it down a notch. This is yet to be finalised but I'm pretty happy with it so far...even if it is a bit Night Lords



Order of Service:
Chaos Black Spray (undercoat)
Kantor Blue (layer)
Alaitoc Blue (layer)
Drakenhof Nightshade (wash)
Alaitoc Blue (highlight)
Guilliman blue (glaze)
Hoeth Blue (extreme highlight)

Any thoughts on it would be appreciated.


1 comment:

  1. Is a bit 'Night Lords' but I do think it's a very cool idea. It looks like an Ultramarine under the cover of darkness.

    Enjoying your blog so far.

    ReplyDelete