Friday, 12 October 2012

So it begins...

Ultramarines were my first army, back when I'd paint the blue without undercoating, back when Dark Millennium was still a work in progress, back when you didn't get a hard time for having an Ultramarine army.

I haven't seen a decent Ultramarines army on the battlefield in a long time, they appear to be taboo amongst any gamer worth their salt. I think this is a great shame as the XIII are such a major part of the 40K universe. They dominate the packaging, are the main focus of the codex and from the fluff perspective they are really what kept the imperium going in the aftermath of the heresy. Something needs to be done...

So I've bitten the bullet and braced myself for the inevitable smurf related aggro that I will no doubt face - I've started a fresh army of Ultramarines, but with a difference...this will be a heresy era force using mostly forge world products.

I'm excited, my fiancee isn't because this is going to be expensive...

1 comment:

  1. To be honest am just ignoring everything mat ward wrote in that codex. I remember 2E, where ultras were just the everyman chapter.

    ReplyDelete