Saturday, 3 November 2012

Dreaming of Fellblades

Forge World call this the 'Business end'.

The Fellblade is the first in a range of Astartes pattern super-heavy tanks to be released from Forge World. I saw the prototype of this at Gamesday 2012 and have been awaiting it's release with a great deal of anticipation (they'd sold out by the time I got round to deciding I wanted one). It's a stunning model (about the size of a baneblade according to the stats) and carries some serious firepower!


The dilema is this - buy the Fellblade, or the previously discussed Kit-bashed Thunderhawk? Both will cost roughly the same and will probably be a similar effort to build/paint. Actually, that's not true, the 'hawk will be considerable more effort...but anyways, I shall leave it (partly) up to you. I've set up a poll on the main page where you can cast your vote. 

Also if you know of any blogs where people have done a Fellblade let me know in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. My vote lies with the Thunderhawk, simply because I want to see how you get on with it. I'd love to see a blog on how you do it, and, frankly, I want to see one painted!

    Lots of people have Super Heavy Tanks, very few have Super Heavy Flyers. Fewer still have their own unique Super Heavy Flyer! Also, every Legion needs a way to get onto/off their target planet and, hell... you're doing Calth Burns - what better objective than "Get to the Thunderhawk!" or a "Behind Enemy Lines Insertion"?!

    Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of your many and varied points are valid Ben, very valid.

      Delete