Friday, 20 September 2013

#warmongers4charity

Last night I was sat in bed trying to decide what I was going to order from Forge World for collection at Gamesday (deadline is Friday for those who are interested) and it occurred to me that there was about £200 in my basket. I've spoken a bit recently about how much I spend on my hobby and I'd say its still £4£ better value than a cinema trip or even some video games I've bought over the years (Duke Nukem Forever anyone?). However, I wonder how much better that money could be spent? 

If everyone who reads this page matched whatever they spent on their hobby over the weekend and gave that to a charity, any charity, how much would we raise? Hundreds, thousands? This blog gets between 100-200 hits a day, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. What if we matched it for a month? How much good could we do then? 

I don't want to come across as preachy or anything because we all have priorities but if I can shell out £200 on resin maybe I should stump up some money for some one like Cancer Research UK or Help4Heroes. Maybe you could too.

#warmongers4charity

No comments:

Post a Comment