Saturday, 1 March 2014

Inquisitor Kill-Team

I've said it before but just to be clear, I love kill-team. Sadly my Raven Guard team (with whom I've had mixed success) are now too expensive to field thanks to the points increase on the razorback...so I've started from scratch. I've come up with a crisis suit list for Tau using the Farsight Enclaves' XV8s as troops' FOC change and some ranger/striking scorpion based shenanigans for the Eldar. However, I was flipping through the new Codex: Inquisition and have written up a henchmen list which is as follows...


Inquisitorial Warband:
Acolyte, storm bolter, power weapon, power armour (leader)
Acolyte, hotshot las-rifle, carapace armour
Acolyte, hotshot las-rifle, carapace armour
Acolyte, hotshot las-rifle, carapace armour
Acolyte, hotshot las-rifle, carapace armour
Crusader, power sword, storm shield
Crusader power sword, storm shield
Death cult assassin, two power swords
Death cult assassin, two power swords
Servitor, heavy bolter
Servitor, heavy bolter
Jokaero weapon-smith 

This all comes in at 199 points and I think you get a lot of bang for your buck here! There are 7 power weapons, 3 heavy weapons, 2 3++ and 4 rapid fire AP3 weapons. Granted there isn't much in the way of special rules to use (jet pack on the XV8s is hilarious in kill team) but still, you've got long and mid range power and close combat excellence in good numbers. With the removal of 2+ armour from the rules! hot-shot las rifles are the business, rapid fire S4 AP-3? Yes please. In fairness, this list probably isn't as effective as a full squad of IG storm troopers all armed with HSLRs but this is a damn site more fun to paint and play with.

I was a bit concerned that this codex might not be valid but I'm convinced it is since you can take it as a primary detachment. To be honest though, if anyone is going to get fussy I'd rather not play them.

For those who haven't picked up the Kill-Team data slate, it's a worthwhile purchase. Unlike the Legion of the Damned Codex which was a real missed opportunity :/

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, my club is doing a kill-team event this week (7 players, 6 games, 1 winner!), I've gone with Raven Guard scouts and sternguard but like you I love the rules and have spent ages mocking up potential options. Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes do really well here!

    ReplyDelete