Friday, 13 June 2014

Destiny: first look alpha impressions

I do t do this very often but I thought I'd share my thoughts on my experience with Destiny on PS4.

I was lucky enough to get a first look alpha code from bungie this weekend and so far I'm impressed. The gameplay is fluid and tactical, the animations are crisp and the music is very atmospheric. It's Halo Jim, but not as we know it.

The character customisation is a lot more involved and no longer just superficial which is encouraging news. 

My main gripe is that the HUD is very basic, it's like a cheap version of iOS 7. The game is also quite dark, even on high brightness settings. I'm going to be streaming some gameplay on Twitch over the weekend, keep an eye out on my twitter feed @calthburns for start times.

Destiny is looking good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment