Saturday, 27 September 2014

Warhammer Fest and Raven Guard First Company

Who is going to Warhammer Fest? Anyone? I've got a ticket but I've only found two others On the interweb who are going and both of them have Sunday tickets.



I'm going on Saturday because it's a hell of a drive from Cornwall and I don't want to do it late at night. I'm going with a friend so it's going to be fun but looking through the list of things going on, I'm not sure what it's going to be like. I attended Gamesday 2012 which was fine, it was nice looking at all the Golden Daemon entries but I spent most of my time queuing up for Forge World stuff. I was left with a fairly indifferent feeling, unsure whether it was worth the 3 hour coach trip from my then home in London. I'll be tweeting pics throughout the day if you aren't attending so follow me on @calthburns if you want the updates.

In other news, I'm making progress assembling my Raven Guard first company.  I've had a bit of a sort (again) and amalgamated  a lot of my smaller forces (Carcharadons, Scions of Calth and Iron Warriors) to create my RG first company. At present I have something like 30 Sternguard, 25 Vanguard and 10 terminators. I'm going to get a Praetor from WFest for the termie captain and then wait for the Raven Guard terminators to be released before buying any more for them. I'm quite excited by this project, chiefly because it doesn't require me to use my airbrush, which is still broken...

In other news I'm debating whether or not to sell my Space Wolves as I'm not that interested in the new codex. I think I'll wait and see what the upcoming Blood Angels codex looks like before making a decision one way or the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment