Thursday, 23 April 2015

Primarch Angron

Christmas 2013 I was given the Primarch Angron by my wife (thank the Emperor for FW wish lists!), I have just finished him. It was fun to do, the battered, tarnished armour is a far cry from the sort of plush gold I am used to painting and it was an exciting challenge and one that I am quite proud of. That said, I am not all that pleased with the face but then I know that's an area I need to work on.

If it weren't for the Blood for the Blood God! Technical paint, this would not look as good as it does, I have always struggled getting a realistic blood effect from paints and inks.

I know have to get on with Fulgrim. I bought him in April 2013...I've done his base components and his head but I am having a hard time tackling the filigree, chiefly because I can't decide on the type of gold I want to use, I prefer the warm burnished style but I wonder if the more garishly 'blinggy' gold might not be more suited to this ostentatious character. 

Any thoughts or comments are welcome. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Really well done on the tarnished armor. Love his cloak as well! Face/flesh look excellent too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The armour was just lots of stippling and washes, not sure I could replicate it again!

      Delete