Friday, 18 December 2015

Epic Tau expansion


Thanks to the wonders of eBay I have been able to supplement my Epic Tau army with some more units, specifically a stack of crisis suits and some hammerheads. I'm hoping to go to a local tournament in the New Year so I'm going to be tinkering with various lists to work out something effective that isn't going to bog me down with too many fiddler rules to remember (this has been downfall in recent games!)

At present my army consists of the following:

Core units:
Crisis suit cadre 1
9 Crisis teams and a Shas'O.

Crisis suit cadre 2
9 Crisis teams

Crisis suit cadre 3
6 Crisis teams

Crisis suit cadre 4
6 Crisis teams

Fire warrior cadre 1
6 Fire Warrior units in 3 Devilfish

Fire warrior cadre 2
14 Fire Warrior units

Support units:
XV88 team
6 Broadsides

Armour group
5 gunships

Pathfinder group 1
6 Pathfinder units in 3 Devilfish 

Pathfinder group 2
4 Pathfinder units in 2 Devilfish

Riptide unit
3 Riptides, Shas'el

Recon group
5 Tetras, 3 Piranhas

Skysweep group
3 Skyrays 

Air Caste Units:
Tiger Shark AX-10
  
2 Sunshark bombers

I'm hoping to add some Orca proxies to the list to give me some tactical flexibility, particularly when deploying the smaller crisis units and maybe another trio of Riptides because they're awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Those look great! I love seeing epic back in vogue.

    ReplyDelete