Sunday, 13 December 2015

Telemechrus mk2


Honoured Telemechrus was one of the first things I bought when I started my 30k Ultramarines, as I've developed as a painter and my colour scheme for the Ultramarines has evolved I've found myself looking at the first load of models and wanting to redo them. My first target was the dreadnaught known as Telemechrus - or it least this proxy until they released the Ultramarines veteran sarcophagus.



Although the picture doesn't show it very well, I tried to do a slight NMM on the squished Word Bearer which has sort of worked. The dusty look on the feet is something I'm going to look to use to tie the whole army in together. I still need to do a bit more weathering on the exhausts and joints but overall he's ready for the table.




In other news, my second box of Betrayal at Calth arrived this week and I'm still undecided as to what to paint them as. I initially thought World Eaters but after consulting with Twitter I (by which I mean they) realised they are quite over done as a legion, same with the Death Guard. So instead I'm going to do a Loyalist Emperor's Children army based on the characters from Galaxy in Flames.

The dreadnaught will do as Ancient Rylanor and I have the broadsword left over from the Legion Champion which I will use as Saul Tarvitz' charitable sabre. If I'm lucky I'll get some FW vouchers for Christmas and be able to buy a Storm Eagle, I know Tarvitz arrives in a Thunderhawk but this will do... beyond that I'm not really sure what I'll add. I'm doing this very much as a side project so will try and limit myself to 3,000 points.


We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment