Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Vulkan lives



I've had an off-and-on relationship with the Salamanders legion. It's something that I've always fancied doing but every time I'm in a position to start doing them properly, something else gets in the way - usually Ultramarines...





However, when I did my Primarch splurge, Vulcan was first in my basket. It's a beautiful model and having read Vulkan Lives (very good, thoroughly recommend it) I was really keen to paint him. I actually managed to knock him out quite quickly as I was finally able to get my airbrush to cooperate for an afternoon. The flames were interesting to do, I've seen them one much better elsewhere but I'm pleased with how they turned out.

I have some ideas for an AoP board (which I didn't manage to enter this year) to do with the Salamanders but I'm going to hold of and see if they do a Mk3 version of Betrayal at Calth (which surely can't be far off right?) as I see Salamanders, much like Imperial Fists and the two legions based on Iron as having to be in Mk3.


No comments:

Post a Comment