Tuesday, 25 October 2016

It's been a long time...

I was shocked to see that my last post was back in February which is bizarre but fairly understandable considering between then and now I've moved house and had a baby. I've done a fair amount of hobby in that time but not much that is worthy of pictures, below is a quick summary of what I've been up to:



Harlequins - Death Masque, joy! Since the launch of the Harlequins' codex a couple of years ago I've flirted with the idea of starting an army to support my Eldar and Death Masque was the ideal way to do that, my friend and I split the box and I've bought an extra 30 'Quins from the box set on eBay for about £40 and some special characters. So far not much of it has been built and even less of it has been painted...

Lord of the Rings:
This has had a massive resurgence at my local club with several people getting involved. I went for Wood Elves initially but have now branched out into Rivendell and a good block of Minas Tirith lead by Aragorn and Faramir. We are running a battle companies campaign at the moment and I am kicking some serious ass with my Galadhrim!

Dropfleet Commander:
I took the plunge and backed the Kickstarter at Commodore level but I am still waiting on my delivery which is annoying because it's now in stores...I'll let you know my thoughts when it finally arrives and I can get my local club involved.

Star Wars Armada:
The bug for this finally hit over the summer and I had a bit of a binge buying good sized fleets for both sides. Not yet had a proper game but I've read through the rules and watched some bat-reps no YouTube. I only know one other person in my area who plays but he turns up to the club sporadically so I'll have to pin him down for a game.

We've also done quite a few SWRPG campaigns taking it in turns to lead the group through the different formats, my personal favourite is still Edge of the Empire but that's
probably because I GM that format!

It's an exciting time to be in a hobby at the moment, though with my little one in tow I'm not sure how much hobby I'll get done

No comments:

Post a Comment